We appreciate your patience with us as we work hard to navigate this school year with COVID. We ask for continued patience as guidelines and safety measures may change as the year continues. We understand the anxiety of sending your kids to school this year and will do our very best to continue to make preschool at Sprouts Academy an incredible experience. We have a lot of ideas about how we can creatively support and encourage our students this school year! Please do not hesitate to talk with us about any concerns or accommodations we can make to help your child have a great preschool experience! Temperatures will be taken daily upon entry. Students with temperatures of 100.4 and above will be asked to stay home. Students must be fever-free for 72 hours before returning to school per state guidelines.
- Masks are not required for students. If you choose to send your child with a mask we will do our very best to keep it on them throughout the day. Any adults entering the building are required to wear a mask. Teachers will wear masks when possible.
- Drop off and pick up times will be slightly staggered. Please try to stay as close to your child’s drop off time to avoid congestion at drop of and pick up. Limit the number of people dropping off and picking up children to 1 or 2 adults when possible. Children who do not need the assistance of parents coming into the building to drop them off are encouraged to be dropped off at the door with teacher assistance (This does not apply to the first day of school. We will stagger start times that day to allow parents to bring kids into their class!)
- Tentative Class Schedule:
Preschool 3 hours: 9am-noon
Pre- K: 9:10am-1:10pm or 3 hr. 10:10-1:10
Preschool 4 hours: 9:20-1:20 or 3 hr 10:20-1:20
(More clarification will be sent out with your beginning school packet)
- When entering and leaving the building students and adults will be asked to use hand sanitizer or hand wash. Students will continue to do so through the preschool day.
- Class sizes will be limited to 9 students and 1 teacher. Or 8 children and 2 teachers.
- Any students with a confirmed case of COVID as an individual or in their family will be asked to stay out of school for 14 days. If one of our students has a confirmed case the school will shut down for 24 hours for cleaning before reopening. Volunteers will be extremely limited this year.
- In general class parties will be limited to teachers and students. For the Christmas and Graduation parties, we will provide a celebration in accordance with CDC and state guidelines at the time of the party.
- We will do our best to provide field trips that are in accordance with CDC and state guidelines at given times throughout the year.
- We are asking for an additional monthly cleaning fee of $15 per student. With that fee, we will be hiring a cleaning person to clean spaces throughout the entire preschool day. Monthly preschool cost:
3 hour: $245 tuition + $15 cleaning fee= $260 total
4 Hour: $335 tuition + $15 cleaning fee + $350 total
- When possible children will have their own set of school supplies especially playdough and other sensory items. Other school supplies will be cleaned in between student uses.
- Indoor and outdoor playtimes will continue throughout the year. We will work hard to keep play equipment and toys clean.
- We will do our very best to remain open this school year. In the past, we have followed guidelines for local public schools. This year we will follow childcare guidelines in response to COVID closures. Parents will be given the choice to keep their child in school or switch to a home-centered, distance learning curriculum at any time.
- If at any point during the year you choose to take your child out of school you will be required to pay tuition in full for the month you are leaving. After that, you will have no obligation to pay for the remaining months of the school year. Online distance learning options will continue to be available through the end of the year.
- Once you have pulled out of in-person preschool your spot will not be held. When space is available you are welcome to return at a later date.
- Tuition will not be reimbursed for loss of instruction time due to sickness or COVID precautions.